Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas Quilts!

I am so happy to report that my Mom and Step-dad LOVED their quilts.  It was a touch and go on the Little Rascals quilt.  It ALMOST ended up becoming a dog blanket.  There was a major tragedy that ensued...I shall post more about this later, but I HAD this belief that I do not believe in pre-washing my fabrics.  Well, this has slightly changed to - IF you buy your fabric from JoAnn's, AND it's red...go ahead and throw it in the washer before you bind your beloved quilt with it.  True story.  I washed it, pulled it out of the washing machine and there was red smears all over the beautiful white sashing.
Unfortunately I did not take any before and after pictures as I was running to Harmon's to fetch some Rid and color shout catchers, while I was sick no less...plus I was uber upset.  Needless to say, the Rid color remover works WONDERS if this does ever happen to you.  However, it does take the color out of the rest of the fabric.  The Little Rascals quilt turned out looking vintage-y, which made it all the more cool to go along with the theme of it I guess.  I'm just glad it didn't end up going to the dogs!

Here are some pictures of my Step-dad opening up his blanket...

 He loved it. :)
In fact, he loved it so much, he took a snooze with it. :)  How cute.

My mom's blanket was a big surprise.  She knew all about my Step-dads, and the tragedy, but she had NO idea I was making her one too.  Best surprise ever!

I am so happy they love their quilts.  I couldn't ask for a better Christmas. 

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year as well!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!