Thursday, August 2, 2012

Being a Farmers Wife is not for me

So, I've wanted to do this post for a while, but I kept thinking to myself, will it be offensive?  I hope not...cuz I am doing it.

Disclaimer:  This is strictly my opinion and the results of my unsuccessfulness and/or suckiness in the attempt of the Farmers Wife blocks.

As most of you know, the Farmers Wife book is quite the trend in Quilting Blogs and guilds everywhere.  I bought the book because I am a sucker for anything.  I tried it.  I failed.  Miserably.  I failed so bad that I don't ever want to try it again.  I wasted so much of my pretty fabric, it made me a wee bit angry inside.
There are SO many gorgeous pictures of successful Farmers Wife blocks out there...and yes-I am envious of them.  But, whenever I see a FW quilt-a-long, I cringe and roll my eyes a bit.

Now with that being said, I am giving away my copy of the Farmers Wife book to a lucky reader who would like it.  To win the book, you must do 2 things for me. HA HA.
1)  I would love to have some more followers on my blog, so spread the word, invite your friends and tell them to follow me!  ♥
2)  Leave a comment of what 'trend' in quilting or crafting you have attempted to do, and ended up despising.  Come on, I can't be the only one...right? 

And, if you have been successful at the FW blocks, I salute you.  Seriously. You are my hero.  ♥
This book

Comes with the CD


Thanks everyone!  :) 

1 comment:

  1. OMG that looks hard. if Kim cant do it i Definitely cant LOL

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!