Thursday, January 10, 2013

Every Which Way - But Perfect

Every Which Way - But Perfect
So, I got this as a quilt kit from one of my favorite stores.  I ran into several issues whilst making this quilt.  :(
1)  Ran out of the gray background fabric because I am a moron and cut it wrong.
2) Couldn't find the right 'Shade of Gray' to match what came with the quilt - asked the people at the quilt shop and no one had a clue.  Bummer.
3) The arrows tops that were precut (not by me, some other moron) were cut wrong so my points on most of the arrows got cut off.  BIG bummer.
4)  My sewing machine decided to protest and wouldn't quilt...uh because some moron (okay, me) hadn't cleaned her in quite some time.  It was an embarrassment.
Phewsh...yah-that's a lot of issues for this poor quilt.  Needless to say, it's done.  I love the fabric on the back...and the binding so that made up for it.
Robot Husband made me a quilt rack, so this quilt is...on the rack!
Going back to issue #3, I have a little bit of OCD when it comes to my quilts.  Okay, more than a little.  If my blocks and/or points don't match up perfect, I sort of throw a tantrum that a 3-year old would envy...or be scared of.   I guess I should work on that.  There you go, my New Years Resolution. ;)

Mimi PugPants
And, because everyone luvs a Pug Face....here is our little Mimi.  Isn't she adorable?  Yah, she's got a mug only a mama could love.  She has many different names...each day or so she gets a new one.  Mimi McMuffin, Mimi PugPants, Mimi Puggins,  Mimi McFlurry...Um, we might be obsessed with McDonalds or something.  I blame the kids for that.  If you follow me on Instagram (RobotMomSews), I have a shameful amount of Mimi pictures. I'm not going to apologize.  She makes us happy. Haha.  ;)

In the meantime, I have a few other projects in the works that I am excited about.  Unfortunately, Christmas did a number on me....I didn't touch my sewing machine for like a month and a half or something.  Probably why she protested....

Hugs!
XOXO

2 comments:

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!