Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Fest

Spring Blogger's Quilt Festival - AmysCreativeSide.com




A quilt fest?!  Hooray!!  How fun is this?  This is my first time entering and there are MANY beautiful quilts out there.  Take a peek and vote for your faves! And hey, if you just happen to vote for mine, added bonus! AND many thanks!!! ♥

Here is the scheduled of events:
May 17 – 24 – Linky Open
May 24 – 30 – Vote for favorites in each of the categories
May 31 – Winners announced

Slide on over to Amy's Creative Side and check out all the delicious quilts.

I decided to enter in the baby quilt category, since baby quilts are my favorite thing to make and give.
I'm entering in this baby...which is one of my favs.

Rainbow Hourglasses

30's reproduction fabric in a rainbow gradation...makes for a super sweet baby quilt.

 I chose a soft yellow binding and a yellow/orange flower print for the border on the front and the back.

A simple pattern, but each block was placed strategically to achieve the rainbow effect.

Quilt Stats:
Measures 35 x 40.
Hourglasses are made from "Once Upon A Storytime".
Apricot binding and warm yellow vintage-y flower print for the back.
Pieced and quilted by moi!
I should make another one of these....Hmmm.
On my to-do.

Hugs!
♥

6 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the backing and binding too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, what a good way to use up stash fabrics. I love the rainbow effect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too love the rainbow setting. The recipient will love it!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!