Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Highland Fling



The booth was great.  It was hot, the kids AND the husband whined and complained, but overall it was a success.  All my business cards got taken, I met some awesome people and ladies who quilt themselves and got to talk to them and share the love of quilting.  I even got some custom quilt requests!  I sold almost all of the crayon wallets.  I told my husband I didn't want to take ANY home. ;)  I ended up with 3.  That's acceptable. Haha.  I even sold a quilt! It was worth it. Thanks to everyone who stopped by!


I wanted a vintage suitcase to be part of my display, so a couple weeks ago we went on a hunt for one.  We found this one at a local antique store and it was just what I wanted!  I wanted red and I wanted the inside to be cute - and hello!  Polka-dots??  Couldn't be cuter in my opinion. :)  Sold!

Crappy iPhone photo :(

I made a pillow to match the Lets Pretend quilt.  I used pink chevrons on the back and filled it with a pillow form at Joann's.  They had a two pack on sale for 50% off!  If you are in need of pillow forms, go snatch some up now!  I think i paid like 5 or 7 bucks for 2 18 inch pillows.  Woohoo!

The 'Peek-a-Boo, I see you' quilt was a hit because of the cuddle fabric.  Everyone loved touching it.  Yah, cuddle fabric is adorable and the quilt itself is SOOOO cuddly (hence the name maybe?)  BUT, it's painful to sew with.  It's true.  You may have read that if you pin your minky and your cuddle fabric it's easy, but let me tell you, it is STILL a bear to sew with.  It's heavier and slippery.  Make sure you have a walking foot, a beverage of your choice (maybe spiked) and close the door so the little ears don't hear cussing...cuz it'll happen.  And if it doesn't for you, then you are amazing and can I send mine to you to quilt?  ;)

I'm working on a custom quilt right now with my favorite SJ fabrics.  I'm LOVING it.  It's a twin size, a bit bigger than I normally do, but it's fun.  What are you working on?



10 comments:

  1. Really cute booth! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stall looks great- and well done on all the sales.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute booth! Have you tried spray basting with minky? I did that with my daughters Posy quilt a few weeks ago and found the minky much easier to work with. So much so that I agreed to make my 4 year old a throw quilt with it.(She won't sleep with a quilt that is not minky backed. So demanding, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great booth! It's actually given me a couple of ideas for my next show :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lot of work went into stocking that booth! Great job and I'm glad it paid off. Think you'll do it again?

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the vintage suitcase - your booth looked terrific and I am glad it went well!
    xo jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your stall looks great! Such a perfect suitcase and loving all your SJ fabrics. No wonder you did so well, everything on it looks gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG on the set up of your booth - soooo spectacular. And the vintage suitcase was obviously waiting to come home with you-ADORABLE!!!! Congrats on the success of your day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad your first show was a success! My first show was NOT a success LOL. Custom orders definitely make the day feel like a win :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. great to hear that other quilters are having success at events I am gearing up for a big fall festival in Asheboro, NC and I am hoping it goes better than my last official event. your display is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments! I reply via email, not in the blog post. If you are looking for a response to anything, let me know! Thank you for stopping by!